Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fence Building - Ike took it down, Michael put it back up











Michael decided to tackle the task of rebuilding our east fence that was knocked down during the hurricane. He enjoys doing home improvement projects, and after hearing how much fencing companies had raised their prices, he decided to learn how to build a fence. Our west neighbors had rebuilt our common fence one weekend when we were away, so Michael looked at what they had done and combined that with his knowledge to put up the best homemade fence I've ever seen (even better than the other neighbor's).
This fence was also a common fence, but this neighbor didn't seem too knowledgeable or available so I became Michael's assistant and we built the fence together!

I really don't understand why blogger can't put the pictures up in the order that I load them. It seems easy to me! Anyway, here's a recap of them...

Photo 1: Michael's pretty proud (and tough) after 10 hours of fence building. Notice the ear plugs and nail gun.
Photo 2: I'm glad it's done! Notice the fence!
Photo 3: He worked right up until he couldn't see the first night.
Photo 4: The fence is framed.
Photo 5: I wanted to capture a before photo.
Photo 6: Setting the posts. This took a while.
Photo 7: What we saw when we returned after Ike. The fence was hideous to begin with, so we weren't too sad to see it go. Apparently, a previous owner thought that painting it green would look nice.

No comments: