



Although Michael and I did not run the full marathon, it's still fun to say you ran in the Long Beach Marathon. Michael ran the half marathon in 1:47:55 and I ran the 5K (that's 5 kilometers, not 5,000 miles) in 27:09. Christina, Jeremy, and Auntie (Helen) also ran the 5K with me.
Christina and I ran together the whole time, while Jeremy had something to prove and ran away from us (how rude!). Auntie did great, coming in just behind us. I was surprised that Christina and I ran together the whole time. I figured that since I had been training for a month and she only ran a few times, she would get tired more quickly but she didn't. She ran really well and had a big kick at the end.
That weekend happened to be the first cold weekend. I shivered as I walked to the car that morning in 48 degree weather, but it was pleasant to run in cooler temperatures. My only complaint was the dryness that I'm not used to.
Michael and I are looking for another race, so we can continue training. He thinks he's going to get me to do a half marathon around the first of the year. We'll see. 5K seems long enough!
Photo 1: All the racers...we're getting mom and dad to do it next time
Photo 2: Michael finishing the half marathon
Photo 3: Girls sprinting to the finish
Photo 4: Me running by dad after the gun went off
1 comment:
How fun! I'm impressed Sarah!
Post a Comment